Nick-FraudExaminer
Nick-FraudExaminer, Fraud/Investigations/Financial Analysis
Experience:  Fraud Investigations
93685840

From the email address "[email protected]", I've gotten

Customer Question

from the email address "*****@******.***", I've gotten a semi-literate message regarding a real estate cash deal (I'm a broker), and asked to go to Dropbox and sign in. Heard about this?
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: Here's the body of the email text: "Thanks for the follow up,
I found some properties which suites my taste and I have proposed a buying cash offer for the listed enquiry as well if you which you are the listing agent. Would be kind enough to see to it and follow up with the properties.
I included their contact names as well as addresses, cash offer and my buyer questionnaire as i figured every purchase requires that.
CASH OFFER IN A LOOP" The "CASH OFFER...
JA: Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: is a link to Dropbox
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the fraud expert who will be assisting you today.

Unsolicited offers to buy properties for cash are a red flag for a SCAM.

Now can you please explain what the supposed cash buyer is asking you to do for them in order for them to buy the property/properties of which you are the listing agent?

Also If you would prefer to speak on the phone (for an additional small fee) to get your question answered faster, please let me know and I can make that happen.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
http://www.mami-knows.com/wp-content/uploads/loop/box/login/ - This is the link I was asked to respond to. Looks like providing a password ***** them into something. The body of the email I sent to you is everything that was sent to me. Should I stay away from logging into this site? Smells bad...

Yes, there are types of links that when you click on them you execute a worm or intrusion file into your computer and where that login and password ***** enter are passed directly along to the scammers.

Then they will search your computer for recent websites visited and financial account information and try to use that login and password ***** to gain access to those accounts.

I would highly urge you to stay away from this and cut further ties with these people. This looks to me like scammers sending unsolicited emails to people in the real estate industry under the guise of a "cash buyer" fishing for victims.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answer has helped you. If you do have any additional questions, feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer.

Please remember that I only receive credit for answering your question when you accept my answer using the 3, 4 or 5 STARS on the top of the screen and then SUBMIT. I work very hard to give you the most honest and accurate answer; I kindly ask that you reciprocate my good faith by accepting my answer.

If you feel I did an excellent job, bonuses are always appreciated!

Even after you accept my answer, you can still ask follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you again and I wish you all the best!

Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 20 days ago.

Hello again, I noticed you were able to view the answer I prepared for you. Do you need any further information or clarification?

If so, please reply here on this question thread.

My main goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with your answer. I look forward to hearing from you.