RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in criminal and various other areas of law.
18284290

I would like to verify that Ordwin Mansah is in need of

Customer Question

I would like to verify that Ordwin Mansah is in need of surgery under the care of Dr. Williams.
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: I have been Skype-ing with Ordwin Mansah aka Honey for many months and now am told she needs surgery for a cancerous appendix by a Dr. Williams. This is in Kumasi, Ghana
JA: Is there anything else important you think the fraud examiner should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 29 days ago.

Thank you for you using Just Answer.

Unfortunately, this sounds like a classic 419 or "advance fee" scam, which are very common in romance scams, especially with people from Nigeria and Ghana. Typically, the way these scams work is that you will be talking to someone for weeks or months and build up a relationship, perhaps even a romance with a person. Then, right when they are supposed to come see you, or as soon as the scammer believes that they can trust you, you are informed that something tragic has happened and they have been in an accident, or are very sick, or are injured, etc. And, they need treatment and need money from you.

They'll insist that only YOU can send money (they suddenly have no friends or family) and it must be wired to them. This is a complete scam - they want you to wire money because funds cannot be traced or recovered once you wire them.

Once the scammers think they've gotten all they can out of you, you never hear from the person again, and you're out all of the money you sent.

One way to verify this is to ask what hospital the person is in, and call the hospital directly (Google the number of the hospital, don't trust any number or names they give you). If they are asking for money to be released from the hospital, for example, that's another sign of a scam.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 26 days ago.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page and pressing SUBMIT.

Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you!