Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

Received a call from Capitalone, stating that someone tried

Customer Question

received a call from Capitalone, stating that someone tried to open an account using my information.
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: My name is*****
JA: Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Capital one phone # they gave me(###) ###-#### The application # is 13403910757716.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you.

This appears to be a phishing scam. The phone number you have provided has no connection with Capital One. There are also several reports online of people having received calls from this number from someone claiming to be from Capital One regarding their credit card account, even though the recipients of these calls had no account with Capital One. Basically, you have been contacted by a scammer who is trying to get you to reveal personal information that will later be used to commit identity theft. It would be prudent to ignore all future communication from this number.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Was there anything else I can do for you?