Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

What do you know about a company called legit traffic. it is

Customer Question

what do you know about a company called legit traffic. it is supposed to work in conjunction with godaddy and generate leads for them. they set up the website and all you pay for is the leads. The leads you have to pay for up front and cost $1.00 per lead. The return is for every 100 leads 15% buy and you receive $100 per buying customer.
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: You have to purchase them from there site which is www.legittraffic.com.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 28 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 28 days ago.

This looks like a scam to me. I've looked at the WHOIS and the screenshot history for the website. This site just went on line in June 2016 and it will expire in another 7 months. You can see the screenshot history here. It's using a private proxy service to hide where it really is. That's particularly important because on their site itself the only contact information is a toll-free number and an email address.

Is this company registered to do business in your state or anywhere else for that matter? It's not possible to tell. And that's a sign that they are probably up to no good at all.

Once they run off with your money and fail to give you what you contracted for, where do you go in order to get reimbursed or to exercise legal remedies? Your guess is as good as mine.

Affiliate work can generate money, but those who do best at it have a site that already draws lots of traffic so that people can do one-stop shopping. We get a lot of complaints about companies like this one which claim to set you up to make big bucks, where, in fact, you are far more likely not to make back the cost of your investment, because nobody is ever going to find your website.

The best kind of work at home jobs are the ones that pay you. The ones who take anyone who will pay THEM will generally cost you more than they are worth.

The photos of the staff on the website are all fake, downloaded from elsewhere on the web. Tom Drapers, for example is really a Brit named Alex Bryson. Gina Saenz is just a stock photo of an executive found in many other places on the web. Here's just one. Ditto Jeremy Bovado. Need I say more?

Avoid.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 27 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.