Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I would to know about a possible scammer email address, This

Customer Question

I would li to know about a possible scammer email address***@******.***
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: This is supposedly in Senegal, West Africa with the name Annetta Shina
JA: Is there anything else important you think the fraud examiner should know?
Customer: Suspect is supposedly a former concentracion camp victim and is an orphan.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

Scammers change their names and email addresses all of the time, so even though I don't get a match here with scam reports, that doesn't mean anything.

You can't tell scammers by their names and email addresses. You have to look at what they do. There is a very well known scam where you meet a West African woman who claims to be a poor refugee in an African concentration camp. And it's really all a lie and just a way of phishing for your money.

Here's one such scam report. There are many many others. Here's another, for example. And Here's another.

Don't fall for this. She's not who or what or where she says she is. If you have photos or documents about her, feel free to upload them with your reply and I will see if I can find more for you.

However, if she's asking you for money that's the tip off that she's a thief. It's the #1 sign of a romance fraud. At that point, cease any contact with her and report her to the FBI online at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.