Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

I don't know if it's fraud. I am considering buying a car

Customer Question

I don't know if it's fraud. I am considering buying a car from someone using Ebay Motors. I am told to send $1,500 to Ebay Motors by way of Moneygram. I don't want to get scammed.
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the fraud examiner can help you. Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: The Moneygram is supposed to be sent to an ebay "agent" by the name of Ralph B. Dunning in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

This is most definitely a scam. Ebay Motors does not have any agents that take payment in advance like this. If you are buying a vehicle via ebay then you are encouraged to only pay once you have seen the vehicle and in person like using cash or wire transfer there and then. Sending Moneygrams in advance to people clearly not associated with ebay will get you scammed very quickly and you will have absolutely no protection under ebay’s Fraud protection program.

So absolutely do not proceed with this as it is 100% a scam.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.