Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

OBAMA.NET PERSONAL GRANT IS IT REAL OR FRAUD THEY WANT 250

Customer Question

OBAMA.NET PERSONAL GRANT IS IT REAL OR FRAUD THEY WANT 250 GRANT REG FEE SAYS ITS PAID BACK WHEN YOU GET THE GRANT MONEY
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: SUPPOSE TO BE COMING FROM FEDERAL RESERVE. GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER(###) ###-####NAME ***** ***** MY ID # IS CH675 THEY SENT ME TO OBAMA.NET WEB PAGE TO VERIFY ITS A REAL GRANT AVAILABLE THEY CALLED ME THIS AM A DIFFERENT NUMBER AND NAME(###) ###-####NAME RYAN AT EXT 141
JA: I'm the fraud examiner's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: THEY SAY I HAVE 9,450.00 COMING MONEY GRAM TO WALMART AND I MUST PAY THE REGISTER FEE OF 250.00 AND I GET THAT BACK WITH THE GRANT MONEY?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the fraud examiner should know?
Customer: ALL 3 PERSONS SPOKE VERY BRO***** *****KE THEY ARE EAST INDIAN DISSENT OR ARABIAN ACCENTS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

Unfortunately, this is a total scam. You never have to pay a dime to collect grant money and any time you are told otherwise you can be sure you are not dealing with a real grant, but rather with an advance fee scam. Additionally, grants are not randomly awarded to the public at large. They are awarded to fund very specific endeavors determined to be in the greater public interest after a time consuming and complex application process. If you were going to get a grant, you would know about it well in advance. It would be the result intentional efforts on your part.

In the next days or weeks, be on the look out for similar "too good to be true" loan solicitations, "sweepstakes" winnings, and similar windfall type offers. These will be further scams perpetrated by the same individual contacting you now under a different guise. Scammers love to double back on potential victims like this with "followup scams" in the hope that, though they couldn't trick you the first time, they will trick you the next.

In the mean time, you would be wise to immediately cease further contact with this scammer and report the matter to the local police and FBI field office. You can locate your local FBI field office here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Were you able to view my answer to your question?