Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I received an email from a company named Yodogawa Steel

Customer Question

I received an email from a company named Yodogawa Steel Works, Ltd. in Japan. Is this a scam? The email is sent from an outlook email?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: ---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Hachiro Nishimoto"
Date: Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 4:57 PM -0400
Subject: Re: Prospective Partnership Needed
To: "Nicklas Guttermann"
Cc: "*****@******.***" , "*****@******.***"Hello Mr. Nicklas Guttermann,
This is to acknowledge the receipt of your email. Note that when you are duly confirmed and assigned as one of our company Representatives, you will be an intermediary between The Yodogawa Steel Works, LTD and our customers in your region.
We shall immediately commence with the process of verifying and confirming your identity for confirmation as one of The Yodogawa Steel Works, LTD Regional Representative.
Attached to this email is the Company Representative Data/Verification form. You are to fill it accurately, and Return as an email attachment OR text if could not print out. Kindly note the details in the form carefully. If you have your own Company (you are the President, owner, Director or co-owner) kindly fill in the appropriate form for Corporate/individual Company representation accordingly.
Upon verification / confirmation of your details by the board, the MOU indicating contract information will be issue to you for your perusal and signature.
Please confirm the receipt of this email and return the filled form accordingly for the approval.
Regard,
Hachiro Nishimoto
Yodogawa Steel Works, LTD
4-1-1 Minami-honmachi,
Chuo-ku, Osaka(###) ###-####Japan
www.yodoko.co.jpFrom: Nicklas Guttermann
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 12:53 PM
To: ***** ***** Works, LTD
Hello Hachiro Nishimoto,I am certainly interested in hearing more about this great opportunity working for your well-respected Steel works company. I would be honored to represent your company in the US and other places of the World.How do we proceed from here?SincerelyNicklasCEO & Founder
PAIR LLCSent from my iPhoneOn Oct 29, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Yodogawa Steel Works, LTD wrote:Hello Martin,We wish to contract your esteemed Company / Individual to act as our Company Representative in US / North America and Australia, Please Advise if interested to partner with us as compensation will be given as well as other benefits.Regard,Hachiro NishimotoYodogawa Steel Works, LTD4-1-1 Minami-honmachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka(###) ###-####JapanEmail:***@******.***www.yodoko.co.jp
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: The person who contacted me is pretending to be the CEO of that company, but uses an outlook mail instead of corporation email.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Yes, this is a scam, and in fact a rather common one at that. The company is legitimate but this scammer has nothing to do with them, hence the "@salesperson.net" email address rather than what should have been a "@yodoko.co.jp" address. These people are just phising for personal information to commit identity theft with. Also, they may send you fake checks and ask you to send back some portion of money before your bank recognizes that the checks you deposited are bad and revokes that money from your account. Whatever the precise angle is, this is DEFINITELY a scam and you should avoid further contact at all costs.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Was there anything else I can do for you?

Nicklas, can you please let me know if you are receiving my messages?