Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

I forwarded a check from my insurance company for water

Customer Question

i forwarded a check from my insurance company for water damage to my lender for their endorsment so i could cash the check and begin repairs. the check required 3 signitures mine my wife and the bank. i endorsed the check my wife DID NOT when i followed up with the insurance company they forwarded a copy of the check the bank cashed and the bank had forged my wife signiture and cashed the check. I notified the insurance company we forwarded an affidevet that my wife did not sign the check.what regulator agency can i report this to.these are bad dishonest people
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This would be reported to the state attorney general's office for unfair and deceptive practices and fraud. The state attorney general is the agency that is watchdog over these mortgage companies. If the mortgage company turns the money over to you as they are supposed to do, then the attorney general will do nothing more than warn them, but they can pursue them for damages and fines if they have kept the money after forging her name on the check.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.