Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

I applied for a loan and the company it would take 2 Hr. It

Customer Question

I applied for a loan and the company it would take 2 Hr. It came it but in my savings account not my checking so I called them back and they said they were sorry. So I put it in my checking and used it. Then about 2 days later my credit union called and told me that I signed the when you could the it wasn't my signature but inceded that I owed they 1800 and started talken money from my account over to months.
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Oh I did file a police report but the credit union did care and an I saw different rep and was told it came from Norcoss and not my union but one the have a relationship with
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are you saying the loan turned out to be fraudulent and now the bank wants you to reimburse the bank for the money?

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it started in Feb to Apr
Thank you for your reply.

Even if the loan is fraudulent, as between you and your bank you are liable to repay your bank the money. However, you would have a right to file suit against the company that made the loan and also you need to call the State Attorney General's office in the state where this company is located and file a complaint with them for fraud and unfair and deceptive business practices against the company. If the Attorney General cannot resolve it, you would need to sue the company that engaged in this fraud with you and you will have to recover it from the company, not your bank and you have to sue the company in the city and state where they are located. Those are your only legal recourses based on the information you have provided to us.