Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I SAW AN AD ON CRAIGSLIST FOR A 2006 FOOD TRAILER FOR SALE

Customer Question

HI THERE. I SAW AN AD ON CRAIGSLIST FOR A 2006 FOOD TRAILER FOR SALE FOR $2000. THE LADYS HUBBY DIED NOT TOO LONG AGO AND THE TRAILER BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF HER HUBBY AND DIDNT WANT IT ANYMORE. SAID HER DAUGHTER SOLD THEIR HOME AND SHE MOVED TO FORT LEWIS, WA AND THE TRAILER IS LISTED WITH THE EBAY SHIPPING COMPANY. IS THIS A SCAM
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: HER NAME IS********@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

Yes, this is a scam. The email address you have given has already been widely reported as engaging in Craigslist and ebay scams. What they will do is direct you to a fake "payment" portal which wires the money directly to them rather than to Ebay or any legitimate escow or payment company. In the future you want to avoid "too good to be true" offers like this, especially if they are trying to direct you to a specific manner of payment and they cannot meet you in person.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Was there anything more I can do for you?