Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

I recieved a facebook friend and we texted for a couple of

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I recieved a facebook friend and we texted for a couple of days then she asked for money for her sick child .She said her daughter had contracted malaria .aher Name is***** york
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: Her Name is***** New York.After friending me on Facebook we messaged and then told me her daughter had got malaria and she needed 350 dollars to pay the bill as she was struggling and had no one to. Also claimed to be widowed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: Thats about it

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

There is no malaria in Albany NY. It is not a disease found in that type of climate. The mosquitoes that carry malaria do not exist that far north.

This person is a fraud and attempting to steal your money.

Do not continue speaking to her or otherwise corresponding. You do not owe them an explanation.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!