Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

I am talking to this guy who says he is in Afghanistan and

I am talking to this guy who says he is in Afghanistan and says he needs money to ship something back to the states like gold 25kg of it and he is blackmailing me that he has all my info and will post it everywhere
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: He says he need like $3000 to get the paperwork started with the shipping company

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What information does he have about you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He says he everything on me even like criminal records

What information have you actually given him?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't really give him anything

It is highly unlikely he has anything on you and this is most likely opportunistic blackmail to scare you into complying with his demands of giving him money. This is very clearly a scam and you should not be scared or bullying into giving in to his demands. The damage he can do from wherever he is would be quite minimal and as mentioned the most likely case is that he is bluffing to try and scare you into giving him what he wants.

Refuse to pay anything and report this further. The following options are available to you:

· You can forward any scam emails and details to: *****@******.***

· As the scam originated through the internet, submit a complaint to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre (IC3) by following this link: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

· If you have already sent money, contact your local State Attorney General

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.