Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

Am I being scammed? How does it take to receive money once

Customer Question

Am I being scammed? How long does it take to receive money once you have been told that you are a winner?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I was contacted by phone that I won one million dollars from pch approximatly two weeks ago. He (Todd Saloane) says that they have to get all this information from me so that they can be sure they have the right person.
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Only that they are opening these credit accounts they say to help clear up my credit. And do do that I need to deposit money so that the card people will match it.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What is the "company" that they called from?
2) What information did you give them?

3) Did they ask you to pay money up front?