Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Is mailbox snowshield company a fraud. I purchased a snow

Customer Question

Is mailbox snowshield company a fraud. I purchased a snow shield from them but their contact phone no is not in service
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I purchased a mailbox snowshield from Mailbox Snowshield Company on line but their contact phone number is ***** in service
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: Is this company a fraud or is there another contact number for them.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 days ago.

Do you have a website or a snail mail address for this company? How did you learn of them? How did you pay for the item?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 days ago.

I think you may have found this at

The name of the company that produces the Snowshield is mentioned at the bottom of the home page as A-1 Ohio Partners, LLC. Neither, Mailbox Snowshield nor A-1 Ohio Partners, LLC Is known to the Better Business Bureau.

The WHOIS information for this website shows that the website was created in 2011 and last updated in March 2016. Its screenshot history goes back no further than February 2014. You can see that here.

The site has no contact information except for an email address. That's not good, especially as the site owner has used a private proxy service to hide his name as well as the location of the business on the WHOIS as well.

Operating on the assumption that a business called A-1 Ohio Partners LLC is probably an Ohio company, I checked the register for the Ohio Secretary of State. THere actually is an LLC by that name which was incorporated in Ohio in 2009, and which is still an active Ohio corporation. You can find the information here and it includes the name and address of the person who incorporated it. If you click on the articles of incorporation, you can also see another name and address associated with the business.

I cannot find another phone number, but a letter to one or both of those addresses may yield you some results. The business does not appear to be a scam in that it has been incorporated for at least 6 years and is still doing business, according to the Secretary of State.

If you ultimately can reach nobody and get no satisfaction, you can report the company to the Better Business Bureau, the Ohio State Attorney General's Office and the Federal Trade Commission. You could also serve the registered agent who is listed on the Secretary of State's site and sue them in Ohio small claims court.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.