Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.
26798026

Today is 10-12-2016, Wednesday. I received an email from the

Customer Question

Today is 10-12-2016, Wednesday.
I received an email from the money order store Western Union. They said I won some money from Western Union. I tried to copy the email message into the "ask question box" but the copy transmission would not copy.
Open the attachment to read the email message.
Is the money offer real?
Order id: 16392733-457
Account:(###) ###-####
customer
Brian Aaron
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, no, it's not real. This is a scam. Western Union does not participate in any sweepstakes or lotteries. It's impossible to win a contest that you did not enter. They just want you to email them back so (a) they can sell your email address to mailing lists and (b) they can try to con you into sending them money to collect a prize that doesn't exist. Just mark the message as spam and do not open the attachment if you haven't already - it could include malware.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Thank you for forwarding me that email. This is absolutely, positively, 100%, a scam. It is illegal to enter people into a contest without their knowledge just because they have an email address. Again, delete the message and do not reply.

Did you have any other questions about this?