Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Sorry i have put my story foward but i dont have visa or

Customer Question

sorry i have put my story foward but i dont have visa or credit card or pay pal i didnt know i had to pay im sorry for the inconvience im very dissapointed as i really wanted to have some answers many thanks for your time regards narelle
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 days ago.

You are the target of an inheritance scam. Send no more money.

Yes, this is a scam. You would never find out about a legacy from a phone call or an email. You'd get a letter via certified or registered mail from the executor of the estate.

Any unsolicited too-good-to-be true message from someone you have never heard of is an almost certain scam. This one is known as the "same surname" inheritance scam, and it's really just a way of phishing for your personal information and as much of your money as you are going to be willing to turn over to collect a non-existent inheritance.

Scammers make countless phone calls and send thousands of emails and friend requests out every day in the hope that they find someone who believes he may actually have a missing wealthy relative somewhere and who will take the bait.

If you receive such a message and follow it up you will be told that the money is yours but that you will first have to wire your own money abroad for one reason or another to collect your inheritance. That advance fee is the #1 sign of an inheritance fraud. The scammer will take your money, but the inheritance will never come, because the inheritance is not real in the first place.

Heirs never have to pay a cent out of pocket to receive a legitimate bequest. The estate pays its own expenses during the course of the estate being probated and only after all obligations are met and paid for is the money distributed to the heirs with no strings attached. You'd get a check in the mail, nice and simple.

You can read the history of the scam here.

Send no money. If you wish to report the scam, you can do so to your police and to

If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or 5 stars, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work here. You would still be able to ask further follow ups about this incident for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the person who owns the money wants me to be his benificary of which i did except even though i didnt meet him we have been chatting on the internet for quite sometime and he is saying if i dont pay the ministry of finance he will loose all of his savings so they have told him i need to send money he dosnt want to loose his life savings
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 days ago.

I don't care how long you think you have known him. This person is a liar and he is a scammer. The only money he has is the money he is stealing from you. There is no inheritance.

This is one of the oldest of the Nigerian scams. This person will find a reason to take every cent you have if you are so foolish as to keep sending it to him. Read this link. It will explain the scam.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 8 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.