Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

There is a person named Alvin Quincy who wants to give me a

Customer Question

There is a person named Alvin Quincy who wants to give me a grant but I have to send him some money first. I told him I don't have the money and he said he would give me the money but I would have to give him my banking info as well as my online banking info. Is he legit?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: I received a FaceBook message from a friend that he had gotten a good sum from this guy.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome. If the Facebook "friend" that received money from this guy someone whom you have met in PERSON? What organization does this Alvin Quincy claim to represent and what is the purpose of the grant? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My facebook friend is someone I know personally for many years. I called him and he said someone had duplicated his FB page and that he had not gotten any offers for grants. I did not respond to Alvin Quincy. Alvin Quincy claimed that he was paid by the US government to give out grants. He has a FB page and a web site.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was told when I originally asked the question that it was a $5 charge, but when i went to pay they took $35 . Are you a scam as well?
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

No, this is not a scam. The $5 was the initial deposit, and the $35 was once you received an answer. Are you still looking for assistance with this matter? If so please let me know and I will be happy to help. Otherwise, I can put you in touch with customer service for a refund. I do apologize for any confusion regarding billing. Let me know...

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No, I have resolved the problem on my own. Thank you.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will now, take the refund. Thank you.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 16 days ago.

No problem, I will direct customer service to this thread to help you with that. Take care and have a good day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks and same to you.