Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

I got a cash prize affidavit in the mail but tried calling

Customer Question

I got a cash prize affidavit in the mail but tried calling the number they gave me to call to conifirm my pin number
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: the phone number they gave me don't work when I tried calling to confirm I received it in the mail
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: i'm just not sure if this is ligit
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What is the name of the company and what other contact information is provided i.e. email and / or website address?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jones, Taylor & Thompson
non-transferable mail-Unauthorized use prohibited
Winner Notice
Award Fund Amount _confirmed in notice_Unsubstantiated
Payout Total: $183,997.00

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant sources and information and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just call me on my cell***********i'll be at work this afternoon

This is a scam and has been reported numerous times. They have used the same old tricks over and over again – even the amount have been the same over the years. You can see previous complaints about this here:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/jonestaylor-thompson-money-scam-c732517.html

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02034328070/3

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-***-***-****

Do not proceed with this and just ignore it and certainly do not do anything they ask you to do.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you