Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

The Hong Kong and Shanghia Bank Corp,. out of DC, is calling

Customer Question

The Hong Kong and Shanghia Bank Corp,. out of Washington DC
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: is calling me and has apporved a loan of $4,000.00 asking for my checking account info to process the loan is this a scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: need help before I agree
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 21 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 21 days ago.

Was this an unsolicited loan? That is, did you apply for it or did they just call you out of the blue? Nobody legitimate just hands out $4,000 without a comprehensive credit check. So if you didn't fill out a loan application but they are contacting you and saying they have money for you, it's a scam.

Never turn over money or sensitive personal identifying information to anyone under circumstances like this. Any unsolicited contact with news that is much too good to be true is ALWAYS a fraud. They are phishing for enough information from you to commit identity theft.

They do not need your bank account to process a loan.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.