How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Zoey_JD Your Own Question

Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 23566
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
Zoey_JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you report being scammed if you have the persons name

Customer Question

How do you report being scammed if you have the persons name who scammed you and all the pertinent information
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

In the US, you would report your scammer to your police and turn over all pertinent information to help them find the scammer. Since generally these scammers are abroad, you would also report them to the FBI.

The FBI has a special website for these types of crimes. It's their Internet Crime Complaint Center and you'll find it at There, the FBI is partnered with Interpol among other agencies, so that your complaint would get forwarded on to law enforcement agencies all over the globe.

Related Fraud Examiner Questions