Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

This lady said neede money to get bak to state, im be text

Customer Question

this lady said neede money to get bak to state
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: im be text to hersinse she live usa to lagos nigeriato se her granma whas on the hospital 2 mhonts ogo
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: her pasaport is ben hold and she have chek the she can not cach bicous shes no resident obethere and im no shure
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

Do you have photos of her that you can upload to this question thread?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

I was hoping to hear from you and seeing a photo of this woman, but I can give you an answer now.

I already can tell that you have never met this woman and that she is just some online romance who met you on a dating or social networking site. I also know, unfortunately, that you've fallen for a fraud we call the Stranded Traveler scam.

Here's how it works:

You get rushed into a romantic relationship at warp speed only to have your "girlfriend" leave her home country before you can meet. She ends up in some country that's neither hers nor yours -- typically Ghana, Nigeria or Malaysia which are the three that are most notorious for running this scam -- and suddenly she becomes the unluckiest person in the world. Only your money can help her get home from Africa.

If she's really a US citizen, she could go to the US embassy and they would help her to access her own funds abroad and to get her passport back. The Embassy exists to assist Americans in trouble while traveling. She would not need a total stranger she has never met to pay for her hospital stay and her return trip.

Instead, however, she needs you. Now why do you think that is? Because nothing she has told you about herself is real, and this is only about stealing your money. And you can keep sending it to her, and sending it, and sending more and sending more and sending more and keeping all of your receipts. But she's not going to get one millimeter closer to the plane back to you, because she's just a gang of thieves hiding behind a phony profile and she doesn't really exist.

I know you'd rather believe her and not me, but you'd be making a mistake. We hear stories just like yours a dozen times or more every day here. A money request is the #1 sign of a romance fraud. She is not who or where she says she is. And the only thing you and your scammer really have in common is an interest in the contents of your bank account.

You need to cease all contact with her and report her to your police and to the FBI at IC3.gov. She's not in trouble because she's not even real, but YOU will be if you keep sending her money, because she will never stop asking for it until it's all gone.

If you don't believe me, please upload whatever photos and documents she has sent you with your reply to this question thread, so that I can further assist you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.