Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

Dreamweaver Holiday-an aleged prize of US dollars has been

Customer Question

Dreamweaver Holiday-an aleged prize of US dollars has been offered to us with the company based in MAlaysia-108, Third Floor Wisma Bahir, JAlan Besar, 25000 Kuantan, Pahang as the address.
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: The offer has come in the mail today as Complimentary Lottery Prizes.with us getting 2nd Prize.-Cash USD 4180,000. They are promoting Aian Holidays in China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, SIngapore and Malasia.
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: They have our correct address
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok

You are dealing with a scam here. "Dreamweaver Holiday" is not a real company. Their website has been up and running for just 75 days and they are using a service to hide their identity so you can't see who actually owns the site. Companies that are 75 days old don't sponsor huge lotteries. Only a small handful of travel countries have large enough budgets for something like that. Dreamweaver Holiday has also been reported as a scam here.

This is an "advance fee" scam. These scams have numerous variations but the essential facts they all have in common is that the victim is contacted and informed of sweepstakes winnings, inheritance or some other financial windfall and eventually told that they need to pay a "processing fee" or bank transfer fee in order to receive their winnings. Of course, there is no sum of money for the victim and this is merely a ploy to get the victim to send their own advance payment, with which the scammer will promptly disappear.

In the next days or weeks, be on the look out for similar "too good to be true" loan solicitations, "sweepstakes" winnings, and similar windfall type offers. These will be further scams perpetrated by the same individual contacting you now under a different guise. Scammers love to double back on potential victims like this with "followup scams" in the hope that, though they couldn't trick you the first time, they will trick you the next.

In the mean time, you would be wise to immediately cease further contact with this scammer and report the matter to Scam Watch here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.