RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in criminal and various other areas of law.

I paid this afternoon $2,500 to Grant Solutions. I have a

Customer Question

I paid this afternoon $2,500 to Grant Solutions. I have a bad feeling now. Is this a scam. I maxed out my credit card at their beckoning and guarantee. I have three days to reverse, per the document I signed. I fear the worst. My phone # is(###) ###-####5015 my email is***@******.***
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: Is it a scam? If so how do I get my $2,500 back. I have very little, and am not well, this will kill me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you. I'm sorry to hear about what happened.

The reviews for this "company" online are not positive at all. And, the fact that you had to pay money up front is never a good sign. There are certain things you look for in a grant scam:

1) Legitimate grants do not show up at your door as a surprise — you have to apply for them. So, if you are offered a grant you know nothing about by mail, email or phone call, it’s most likely a scam.

2) Grant applications are usually free as they are sourced at the federal or state/county level with public funds. If you are asked to submit a fee to apply for the grant or learn more about it, there’s good chance it is scam. Asking for an application fee is the number-one way scammers make their money.

3) U.S. grants to a business or nonprofit are for the sole benefit of the company. If the grant is for school, living, or other personal expenses, that’s an immediate red flag that it is not legit.

4) If they ask for your personal ID or bank account information, that's generally a scam.

I would therefore say based on the fact that this was unsolicited by you and you had to pay a fee that it's a scam (especially in light of all of the negative reviews). I would contact your credit card company and report that you appear to be a scam victim and wish to dispute the charge.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. 5 star service is my goal, so if I have provided less than that, please tell me how I may help!