Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.

I have received a call from Mega Millionaire indicating I am

Customer Question

I have received a call from Mega Millionaire indicating I am a winner of 3 Million dollars...a Mercedes Benz car worth $130,000 and $10,000 a week.
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: Caller was General Mgr. James Goodman....Phone # 1-***-***-****.
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Has this person given you any instructions on how to claim this? Please can you also tell me whether you have been provided with a website or business address so that I can look into this for you? Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

To be honest this is a scam. Such types of scams, also known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them.

The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:

{C}· You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and informed you have won a lottery or other draw. However, you cannot win unless you have consciously bought a ticket or entered it in some way - no one just gives money away like that.

{C}· Before the prize materializes, you are asked to pay a sum of money for various reasons, usually as a clearance fee, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, a genuine winner would never have to pay anything in advance to get their winnings. You may not have been asked to do so yet but it is just a matter of time and often this request is made right at the last minute, once they have gained your trust.

{C}· Another clue is the dubious methods by which you are expected to pay that money. Usually it is through Western Union, Moneygram, or by buying pre-paid cards or vouchers. All methods are commonly used by fraudsters as it is very easy to avoid being traced that way.

DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them.

If you wish to report this scam, you can do so in a number of ways:

· You can forward any scam emails and details to: *****@******.***

· If you have received a scam letter you can report this to the US Postal Service by using one of the forms available here:

· If you have already sent money, contact your local State Attorney General

· If the scam originated through the internet, submit a complaint to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre (IC3) by following this link:

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm showing that you requested another answer. However, what the original expert told you is 100% correct. This is a scam. Please be sure to rate his answer so he gets paid for taking the time to help you this morning.