Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Want to stop threading calls from scammers how do you stop

Customer Question

Want to stop threading calls from scammers how do you stop them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Been scared ,don't care about money they got just want to block or stop them from calling me on phone
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. Give me a few minutes to type a response for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, most of these harassing calls come from overseas. They don't care if you say you'll report them to the police because your police will never find them.

For the rest, however, you can subscribe to the Do Not Call Registry. If the calls you are getting are those irritating robo calls, your carrier may work with, a free service that is highly effective at stopping robo calls.

Otherwise, unfortunately, the best solution is just to screen your calls carefully and not answer calls from anyone whose number you don't recognize. Anyone important will leave a message. The others you can block. How to block unwanted phone numbers varies, depending on your phone carrier. But if you call yours, they will tell you how to do it.

The best way to get rid of unwelcome unwanted callers is not to answer. These people make calls by the thousands every day but the only way that they know whether a phone number is a live number or not is if someone answers and talks to them. Once they know that a person answers, you'll get even more unwanted calls. So it's best never to engage them at all and then block them.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.