Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

We had a group called Arts Hollywood Auditions come to our

Customer Question

Hello, we had a group called Arts Hollywood Auditions come to our town, Farmington, NM. Several of the young people who went were told this talent agency would represent them, and they're convinced they're going off to Hollywood. Also known as Arts International, the head of it is Kim Myers. Can you tell me if this is a scam? Sure sounds like it to me!
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: No, just that...several kids are ready to pack up and go to Hollywood with this group.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a website for this company or a snail mail address?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I would prefer to use my e-mail address please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I paid my $5 for this question - will I receive a response? I am not interested in other offers please.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm not making you any offers. The options for premium service are automatically generated. If you don't wish to pay more for an answer, please continue to respond on this question thread and just ignore the auto-mailings.

I asked you for a company website or a snail mail address. I'm unable to find a website for this business, and that's not a good sign.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh boy am I stupid...I contacted you to find out if some innocent kids are being scammed, and I think I'm being scammed by you! Please cancel any sort of "membership" you may have signed me up for - keep my $5. Please cancel whatever I ordered.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

I'd be happy to answer your question, except you won't work with me and give me what I need to find more on this company.

Please contact customer service at***@******.*** and they will give you a refund.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The website for the agency I was asking about is Sorry if I misunderstood, i"m just getting a bunch of e-mails saying I will owe an additional $30 after you answer my question. Your website info is misleading, please cancel the question and refund all my charges. I thought you were a different company. Thanks
******** *********