Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

What can you tell me about a company by the name of peerless

Customer Question

what can you tell me about a company by the name of peerless solutions they are located at*****hanover, ontario nan 1b2 they are a mystery shopping company thank you
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: what can you tell me about a company by the name of peerless solutions located at*****anover ontatio n4n 1b2 they are a mystery shopping
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Has this company requested you make payments to them? If not, please can you tell me why you may be concerned about them? Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

I have checked the Official Company Register for Canadian companies and there is no company with that name registered in Canada. So as far as the legal positions is concerned, no such company officially exists in Canada or is registered to operate there.

So it already raises certain questions about what their intentions are, especially considering there are many scams with mystery shopper companies. Such types of scams are a variation of the 'employment opportunity' scam, which relies on some form of advance fee. In some instances they also overlap with identity fraud.

The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:

{C}· You have either found an advert for a lucrative secret shopper job, or ones has been offered to you. The main issue is that there are some genuine secret shopper jobs and they may be difficult to differentiate from the fake ones.

{C}· The advance-fee part of the scam involves a request for payment in order to arrange shopping certification or other similar requirements. However, it would never be necessary to pay anyone to get involved in the mystery shopper business and this is not a legitimate request.

{C}· Another clue is the dubious methods by which you are expected to pay that money. Usually it is through Western Union, Moneygram, or by buying pre-paid cards or vouchers. All methods are commonly used by fraudsters as it is very difficult to trace anyone through them.

{C}· For further and more detailed information on such scams you may also read this article:

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you