Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

How can you find out if the person you are talking to is the

Customer Question

How can you find out if the person you are talking to is the actual person represented or if they are a scammer. I know that this person's profile has been scammed, but is this the scammer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

That depends. Please tell me:

1) What do you mean that "this person's profile has been scammed?"

2) Where does this person claim to be now, and, what nationality do they claim to have?

3) How do you know them, how did you meet them?

4) Please link me to any social media sites they have profiles on.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!