Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I once received an online technician that was a scam, but

Customer Question

I once received an online technician that was a scam, but today have received phone calls from areas, ie, South Carolina saying that there is a law suit against me, which I know is not true (area code 803/346-0172). Should a person keep each phone number such as this, and report it [them]?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: No, other than the IRS scam that has affected some. I have caller ID and screen calls.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 months ago.

You can monitor your calls and simply don't pick up any call from a number you don't recognize. That will get these scammers to bother someone else.

When once you engage a scammer by talking to them, you get more and more scam calls and offers, so not picking up the phone and blocking their number is ***** best bet to get rid of them. Anyone who is important will leave a message and you can call them back.

And yes, you can report these callers to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.