Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

I have a male coworker who is constantly asking me for

Customer Question

I have a male coworker who is constantly asking me for money. In this year alone, I must have given him over $2,000! He comes up with different excuses why he needs the money. Once, he even asked me for $300 for his brother's funeral because his brother's family did not have any life insurance. Last week he asked me for $240.00 and I found myself standing in front of an ATM machine withdrawing my money to give to him. He has asked me to pay for classes for him to become a life coach. Also, he asked me to give him $1,250 so that he can start a business venture and promised to give me back the money and never did. We have been sexually active with each other for over 2 years and yesterday, I asked him if he was seeing other women and he said "Yes". He is a convicted felon for robbery and drug dealing and I found out that he currently has an open case for drug dealing. He is also dating a woman who works in the office right next to mine and he will close the door of her office and flirt with her when I am in earshot. My therapist said that I have power in this relationship, but I don't feel very powerful at all. Do you think that I am being "Love scammed?" Should I stop sleeping with him or continue to sleep with him and not give him any money?' Or should I just enjoy the sex and if give him the money he is asking for? I just feel so lonely and that I am wasting my time and my hard earned money!
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

What will he do if you stop giving money?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I believe that he will do the same thing that he did before which is to not speak to me for about a month, then out of the blue text me and be nice to me. Then when he sees that I am liking him again, he will ask me for money again.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.
Then it is completely up to you. There is no crime, and you seem to know what you are getting in return for the money.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Ok thank you very much.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.