Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

The Oxford Club" represents that it began about 1991, has

Customer Question

The Oxford Club" represents that it began about 1991, has 94,000 members, and that it is offering membership for $79 to receive information about "2016 Consumer Tax Rebates" for every American Taxpayer, and other programs such as "13 Ways to Get Easy Money" and "Secrets to 401Ks"; sounds too good to be true, what do you know about it? Did the US Congress pass a $42.4 Billion Consumer Rebate Bill in the last few years?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: Is the 90 day refund guarantee worth anything?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here:
Customer: Your experts might be trained, but did you answer any of the three direct questions asked about the "Oxford Club" ? 1) Did Congress pass a $42 B Rebate Bill, 2) does the Oxford Club have 94,000 members and 3) is their 90 guarantee any good ? Thank you,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

The Oxford Club publishes a newsletter that deals with economic and investment issues. The company has been around since 2001 and is an affiliate of Stansberry Associates Investment Research.

The Better Business Bureau has been aware of Oxford Club since its very beginnings. On a scale from A to F, the BBB has given Oxford Club an A+ rating. It doesn't get better than that. You can see the review and read the complaint history here.

So this is a legitimate company that is highly regarded. The BBB has had complaints about them, but none of the complaints involve the company promoting any type of a scam.

As for what you have described, it sounds too good to be true and probably is not nearly as dramatic as it sounds, though I have no reason whatsoever to believe that the Oxford Club is making fraudulent claims. They have no history of doing that, and I have heard of no such scams along those lines.

If this is new law involving a tax rebate, however, you need to ask the question about the rebate to an accountant or tax lawyer in our Tax section.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I contact somebody in the Tax Section ?
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay. I stepped away from the computer.

You would post a new question in our Tax Section in JustAnswer, just like you posted this one in our Fraud Examiner category. The company is legitimate, but investment advice is not a exact science. To find out the details of this government tax program and whether you're in a position to take advantage of it, you need an accountant.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.