Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent

Nowam very scared right, t omorrow between11-12 am a irs

Customer Question

nowam very scared right
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: t omorrow between11-12 am a irs local agent is coming to my home for me to sign occr and other tax documents but i think iam scamed. prior agents alan rodgers badge3cls786 request that i empty my annuity of 44,000. will be held in bank of china hong kong as security bond and on friday tomorrow40000 would be returned at 3 pm 4000 would be taken out and i also paid 4000 for bail. i live in newton nc and local agent will come from charlotte but i don't know if they are false documents i am hoping this is not a scam and iwill not lose all my money ihave all codes of wire transfer please help me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Being a former IRS agent and frequently represent clients before the IRS, I have to say that these practices ARE scams. The IRS never does things like what you described. They are not normal IRS procedures.

Can you report to the police department NOW, or walk into to a nearby IRS customer service center to verify? The Police Department is open right now. The IRS customer service centers open at like 8 am tomorrow morning.

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Dear Customer,

Our site put your question at the category not only into Tax and also in Fraud Examiner so that you may be helped by more viewpoints of different experts.

Please feel free to follow up on what progress was made today after the noon hours.

If you had money take out of your account and you need to reverse the process, the first step is going to the financial institution, then, later on, reporting to the FBI. They may have power and way to reverse or trace down the transactions. Sometimes, if they can find the crime group, they may be able to joint law enforcement internationally. If there is any recovery, you may get some money back, too. Don't give up. Follow up.