Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

What if the gold turns out to be real. Fedex where its

Customer Question

What if the gold turns out to be real. Fedex where its currently being stored says it is
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Good to hear from you again.

It's part of the scam. Pursuant to Department of Treasury Regulations, a customs tax would have to be paid for anyone sending over $10,000 in gold/coins/currency, as well as anyone receiving this currency. It's called a FinCEN 105 form.

More information here. And here's the form.

We get these types of romance scams on this site at least 2-3 times a week, usually more. I understand there is a relationship built up and you want to trust this person, and I can't tell you not to. I can only tell you that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, know the rest. The scammer isn't going to pay that customs tax for importing the gold. And I hope you're prepared to pay the hefty tax for receiving it, or facing the penalties if you don't.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!