RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in criminal and various other areas of law.
18284290

Facebook has told me i won money ,but i have to send in

Customer Question

facebook has told me i won money ,but i have to send in money to get it.the CEO of facebook texts me about this ,is it real?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you today.

You are the second person just this week I have seen on this site with this same question. This is a scam, unfortunately. Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO and Founder of Facebook, is not giving away money. There is no Facebook lottery or contest. Never has been. You cannot win a sweepstakes, lottery or contest that you didn't enter. These are scams that are attempt to get you to send them money in order to collect your "prize" or alternatively, will ask for your bank account number to deposit a check, which of course never comes.

Report the matter to Facebook, then stop communicating with them.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!