Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

I've received a call at my job stating that warrants are

Customer Question

I've received a call at my job stating that warrants are about to be issued on me for my arrest. Phone number on my ID is(###) ###-####- but the caller tells me to call them back at(###) ###-####
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This is just a scam, Dawn. It is not real. Both of these numbers have been linked to a scam - see HERE. This is a scam where scammers call you and pretend to be law enforcement and that a warrant is out for your arrest that you can conveniently make disappear by making a payment - directly to them. Again, a very common scam.

This is not true. Simply block both numbers from your phone and hang up if the scammers call again from another number.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.