Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.

I have received several calls over the telephone stating

Customer Question

I have received several calls over the telephone stating that the IRS is going to sue me and that I have to call a number in Washington D.C. I completed my transaction with the IRS in April and do not owe them anything. Please advise. They write me--not harass me over the phone.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The IRS does not threaten lawsuits law this. As you seem to already suspect, you are dealing with a scam. If you desire to confirm this further, the next time one of these "agents" calls you, demand their badge number and office location. Then, Google the phone number for that office and request to speak to the officer with that badge number. Of course, they won't be able to put you in touch with them because you are dealing with an imposter.

In terms of reporting this scam, you want to contact your local FBI field office. The government does not take kindly to imposters, and this will be investigated. You can locate your local FBI field office here. You can also report the scam to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration at 1.***-***-****.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hi Susan,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.