RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in criminal and various other areas of law.
18284290

I have been trying to get sucked in by an online romance

Customer Question

I have been trying to get sucked in by an online romance scammer. I have three separate bank account numbers and am trying to understand what is the best way to handle this?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

You should report the matter to you local FBI office and you can file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) which is a joint task force between the FBI and foreign law enforcement. What makes it so hard to track down and actually catch these scammers (and you're right, they do often work in groups, taking shifts) is that most operate in foreign countries, outside of the jurisdiction of the U.S. authorities, hence the IC3 was created to investigate these types and other types of cyber crimes.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'll be happy to assist you. Otherwise, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars so I am credited for my time and assistance. Thank you!