Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.

I have been communicating with a woman claiming to be in

Customer Question

I have been communicating with a woman claiming to be in England and I stupidly sent her money to help her come to America to be with me. I do not expect to be able to get any of my money back but I wanted to report the details so that she could be added to an official database hopefully to keep her from cheating others. I just don't know where or to whom I should report the scam or fraud. Could you please advise me
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and welcome.

I am very sorry to hear about this scam. Unfortunately, frauds of this kind are quite common.

Since this fraud occurred through use of the internet, the best place to report it is IC3, which is a division of the FBI that is completely dedicated to cyber crime. These scammers all use and recycle stolen pictures so another thing you can do is report the pictures here, which might help other people avoid the same scam.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.