Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

I have a fb friend who lives in Brikama, the Gambia. He is a

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I have a fb friend who lives in Brikama, the Gambia. He is a young man who is poor claiming his father died and he is the eldest son who collects wood for his mother etc. etc. I was convinced he is genuine, as he posts photos of family members and himself and is in touch regularly via fb messsaging. At first I offered to send money monthly to help the family with food and provisions etc.. but now I've committed myself to sending extra money to help my friend purchase a compound. He says (convincingly) that the landlord wants them out of there very soon. I put to him recently that I couldn't really afford this extra money for compound, but he reacted in a devastated manner, and so upset as I had queried if he was genuine. He has always come across as genuinely caring and loving...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: Just that in the family photos the 'mother' never looks at the camera, and has a sort of proud, disapproving expression on her face. A couple of other siblings don't look that happy either. They do indeed look quite poor.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What is your question?