Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I have someone from 1888-662-7140 calling me claiming that

Customer Question

I have someone from 1***-***-**** calling me claiming that they are hosting my web page which they are not and that they have been doing so since 2014 and now I owe them 2387.93 plus 1753.84 for two sites but they are willing to settle the complaint for 749.99.
If I speak to their lawyer they will charge me the whole amount plus legal fees.
How do I combat this, they are crazy.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act entitles you to see proof of any debt claimed by a creditor. The next time these people catch you on the phone, demand that they produce proof of their debt pursuant to the FDCPA. If they can't provide it, you have no obligation to deal with them any further and you have your definitive proof they are a scam. If they still contact you, then you can threaten to report this matter to the police. You can also try blocking their number.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.

Hi Cindy,

Can you please let me know if you are getting my messages? I have not heard back from you and this question remains open. Please kindly let me know what more if anything I can do.....