Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

A shipping company called lavers you pay into an account

Customer Question

a shipping company called lavers you pay into an account Margaret Aleksoska at St George bank hove you heard of it at all
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What else can you tell me about this company? Why are you paying money into someone's else account?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The company is called Lavers shipping forwarding in New Zealand but payment is to go into a St George Bank account in the name of Margaret Aleksoska

Yes, I understand that, but why?

Scam artists cast aside identities and take on new ones as regularly as some people change their shoes. Just a name doesn't necessarily tell me anything about a company until they've been around long enough for multiple people to have reported them. That's why I'm asking for more information - the address they're using, the telephone, what they're offering to do for you, what they want you to do for them. It's the behavior that makes it clear when it's a scam. And if they're cautioning you against talking to people about them, that's part of it.