Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

I had a person-he says his name is Ayer. He said I won

Customer Question

I had a person-he says his name is***** He said I won $1,000,000 with Publisher's clearing house. He says they have to have $1,250. He said this amount is for taxes. He wanted my bank account information. He said after I pay the $1,250, they will wire the $1,ooo,ooo to my account. his phone # is(###) ###-####
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is unequivocally a scam. Even the PCH website has a security page informing people that they do not contact anyone asking for money up front from winners and any taxes due would be deducted from the winnings. PCH also does not ask for bank or personal information, known as phishing. So you need to cease all communication with this person and you can report him to the Attorney General's consumer protection unit and turn over his phone number and information to them for investigation.
See also: http://info.pch.com/consumer-information/fraud-protection