Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection

Received a check from Sunrise Inc. for $6,200.00 for a win

Customer Question

received a check from Sunrise Inc. for $6,200.00 for a win on a lottery all I have to do is call 1-***-***-****. I pretty sure this is a scam, just want to report these sob's
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. You are correct in that this is a scam, of course. You can report them by making a report to your local FBI field office - see HERE.

JustAnswer does not collect reports about scams, so you have to contact the FBI.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!