Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is grant solutions LLC a scam? They said they found 2

Customer Question

Is grant solutions LLC a scam? They said they found 2 grants for me. 1 for 22,000 and 1 for $7000. Wanting to charge me 7% to file papers. I have to be available for 30 min one day a week for 5 weeks to qualify and make sure all my info is correct. They called me, I did not inquire anything online or by phone
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. If you are talking about Grant Solutions, LLC, at 2321 N GRENVIEW DR , Mesa, AZ, they are a legitimate company. They were lawfully incorporated in Arizona back in 2002.

The Better Business Bureau is aware of them. On their rating scale from A to F they have given Grant Solutions a C+.

The BBB has only received one complaint about them, to which Grant Solutions did not reply. You can see the complaint, one customer rating and the BBB review here. So they are an actual business that has been around for 14 years.

If you wanted to avail yourself of their services and you're dealing with the real Grant Solutions and not someone just using their name, you would notbe dealing with a bogus concern. That does not mean, however, you'll necessarily be satisfied with their services. It does mean that if they don't give you what you bargained for, you'd have legal recourse against them and would be able to find them.

All an organization like this really promises you is that they help you to find grants for you which you would be qualified to get and help you apply. They don't guarantee you'll actually get something, as they have no control over that.

They will require money for their services, some of which will be up front and which you could save if you wanted to do some library research and apply to foundations for grants on your own. But people who don't want to do the work themselves, should be able to rely upon a company like Grant Solutions to assist them in their search for funding. To that extent they are legitimate.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.