Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is this email address, [email protected], from a

Customer Question

Is this email address,***@******.***, from a scammer
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

There's no such thing as a complete list of scammer's email addresses, because they change these all the time. A reverse background check of the email got no hits, indicating this email address is probably very new.

Something about her, however, isn't sitting right, or you wouldn't be asking a question like this here. If she's rushed you into a committed love relationship by declaring her love at near warp speed and if she's been seducing you with photos and sweet talk into wiring her gifts and money, these are all hallmarks of romance scammers.

Once an internet romance sticks her hand into your pocket needing your money before you ever meet in person, she is always a scammer. There's no legitimate reason for one stranger to ask for thousands of dollars from another stranger, and a stranger is all you really are until you can see who she is in person and learn if she -- and the so-called commitment -- is truly the real thing.

If you want to upload photos of her and documents she's sent you, you can do so when you reply to this question thread. I'd be happy to look into her further and expand my answer if you give me more information. But the bot***** *****ne will always be true: online romance + money request = fraud, each and every time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is her picture
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I've run the photo through photo recognition software and I did not get a hit. That only means it was not downloaded from the web. It does not mean that this is really the person you are talking to.

What makes you suspect that she may be a scammer. Have you sent her money? How much and for what?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lol! I'm suspicious of anyone who requires this address. And no, I will never send money to a stranger. Just family.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

That's good.

So if she's not asking for money, enjoy this for what it seems to be but keep an open mind. If she does want to see you and you want to pay for her plane fare over, don't send her the money directly. Ask for her date of birth, passport number and full name as listed on the passport. Order the tickets in her from your home and charge it to you on your credit card. That way, you get buyer protection if she doesn't get on the plane and she doesn't get your money. If she balks at that, she's not into you. She just wants your wallet.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.