Nick-FraudExaminer
Nick-FraudExaminer, Fraud/Investigations/Financial Analysis
Experience:  Fraud Investigations
93685840

Federal government reward program, associated grant

Customer Question

federal government reward program, associated grant foundation., certificate of approval. Batch no; 034712-EX Reward no;(###) ###-####serial no; 95610-26, reference number; ECM/07415-1530/2016 is a beneficiaries of the grant reward program in the year 2016, issued on this day 13-05-2016 by the authority of the federal government grant reward program. is this true, name; Tasha
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the Certified Fraud Examiner who will be assisting you today.

I'm currently working on a reply to your question and I'll be back shortly with your answer. Thanks for your patience.

Hello again, I'm so sorry to tell you this but this is information is not true. This is what is known as a government grants scam. Let me explain how the scam works:

1. Someone will congratulate you on being eligible for a large government grant and send you a bunch of phony information such as the certificate of approval, serial number, reference number and grant program information. (such as the information you have provided above)
  2. In order for you to claim the money from this grant, you will need to pay an up front processing fee of some sort to ensure that the grant is properly processed and awarded to you.
  3. But the reality is that there is no grant waiting for you, the scammers are just trying to get you to send them the advance fee money. If you do send them the money for this supposed fee, then they will come up with another excuse for why more money needs to be sent such as a legal fee or an escrow fee. They will keep coming up with excuses for why they need more and more money. Just remember, Government grants are never offered in exchange for an upfront payment.
  4. Typically these scammers will want you to send money using Western Union, Moneygram or other instant wire transfer services, Visa/Mastercard Gift Cards, iTunes Gift Card, or some other type of service where it is difficult for law enforcement to trace the true identity of who is receiving the funds.
  5. Government grants are never awarded without you first submitting a very detailed application to a legitimate Federal Government entity. The application review process will determine if you qualify for the government grant by evaluating your information against the grant program criteria. There are also no processing fees for government grants. Federal grants are not issued for personal use, but are intended for institutions and non-profits to carry out projects with a public purpose.
  6. No government grant-making agency will make phone calls, send email or letters to solicit money or personal banking information from a potential grant recipient.

Based on the information you have sent, this follows the pattern for a grant scam exactly. Therefore, I advise that you DO NOT send them any money. I advise that you cut all communication with these people right away.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answer has helped you. If you do have any additional questions, feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer.

Please remember that I only receive credit for answering your question when you accept my answer using the 3, 4 or 5 STARS on the top of the screen and then SUBMIT. I work very hard to give you the most honest and accurate answer; I kindly ask that you reciprocate my good faith by accepting my answer.

If you feel I did an excellent job, bonuses are always appreciated!

Even after you accept my answer, you can still ask follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you again and I wish you all the best!

Hello again, I noticed you were able to view the answer I prepared for you. Do you need any further information or clarification?

If so, please reply here on this question thread.

My main goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with your answer. I look forward to hearing from you.