Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.

I have two persons claim to be Drama Mahama, I need to know

Customer Question

I have two persons claim to be John Drama Mahama , I need to know if either are the real president of Ghana ?
First one phone 233###-##-####has secretary Devine Monney 233###-##-####
Second phone 233570660109 associates, Bank of Africa William Trus, 233202306694
Money Gram John William 233###-##-####
3rd person: Hon Omo Tallman, claims to be with United Bank for Africa, 233###-##-####
Please advise as to each of the above. All have taken money in the past are demanding more to release my funds from Ghana.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

I'm sorry to say, this is a scam. Even if either of those people were the real president of Ghana, which they're not, they're trying to defraud you. If you actually HAD money in Ghana, no one could make you pay to release it. That's not a legitimate transaction, in any country. The president of a country has no ability to refuse or authorize a bank to receive funds - that's just not a part of governing. It's not something they do. And banks don't get to decide when money is transferred or released, either. The account holder sends instructions, money is moved according to them. Period. That's how banking works. A bank manager isn't your personal accountant.

And even if money WERE owed to the bank, and even if you WERE required to pay it before they could release your funds, they would simply deduct the money from what they're holding for you and send the balance. That's the fastest, easiest, and most logical way to resolve things. Banks don't have any interest in sitting around waiting for people to come up with money to pay them when the money is right in front of them in the bank. That would be a horrible way to do business - and it's not legitimate. Do not send them another penny. Cut off all contact with them. And file a Complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, because they're stealing from you.

If anyone else contacts about this, refuse to speak them unless they are using an email address that ends in That's a legitimate government email address being used by a government employee who can help (and won't charge you).

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.