Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have accepted a company, through the mail, who claims they

Customer Question

I have accepted a company, through the mail, who claims they can lower my debt and clean up my credit reports. I am paying a large amount monthly to do this. I am so afraid that they may not be legitimate and I may be in real trouble. If I could find out if this company is on the up-and-up I will feel much better.
Company: Prime Solutions
Address: P.O. Box1707
Cockeysville, MD 2103O
Phone: (###) ###-####
Fax (###) ###-####
Email primedocuments.co
Email ***@******.***
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 5 months ago.

The address you gave is in Maryland, and there is a Prime Solutions listed on the corporate register of the Maryland Secretary of State. It's an LLC incorporated in 2002. You can look it up here and see the data that the state has about it for yourself.

The email address, which I assume is primedocuments.com and not .co, gets me to this website, and shows me that this company is an accredited A+ company as rated by the Better Business Bureau. You can read that for yourself here.

Whether either of these companies is the one that you are dealing with or whether you are dealing with scammers that have borrowed the name of a very respectable company is something I cannot say for sure. You may want to call the company on the BBB review and see if they are the same, or reach out to the folks on the Maryland Secretary of State's website to see if the Maryland business is the one you're dealing with.

If not, you want to contact the Better Business Bureau and your state attorney general, to see if you're the victim of a fraud. Then you'd report the scam to your police, to the FBI at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov.