Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

This country singer I 't know if he is real or not I looked

Customer Question

This country singer I don't know if he is real or not I looked him up on Facebook and became friends but anyways he said he had a lump sum of money in his account through***@******.*** and wants me to claim it for him is this a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Yes this is a scam. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Any time a person you have only met online seeks to involve you in his financial arrangements, you are being scammed. Would you turn your finances over to a total stranger you really know nothing about? Of course you wouldn't. And no reasonable, legitimate person would either.

What this scammer is looking for is to have you launder stolen money for him. Of course, he's not going to tell you that, but there's no reason on earth for him to make you try to claim his money. If it's really his, there's no reason he can't claim it for himself. The ONLY reason he needs you is to set you up to commit a fraud.

The email address of is a free email service. It looks official, but ANYONE can go to and open up a free email account ending in, or any other profession. This is done to try to fool you.

Walk away from this person. He's no more a folk singer than I am. He's not who, what or where you really think he is, and he's not the person in the photo on Facebook. He's just a thief looking to set you up. Cease all contact. Block him so he can't bother you further, and do not try to claim "his" money.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.